Wahaa...!

The chisel does an interesting job of chipping blocks of chocolate into usable baking bits, although it not only went through the parchment paper, but also through several layers of junk mail. 

Tonight's batch are aptly named Health-defying Chocolate Chunk Cookies, since it has three types of chocolate in the mix: dark European chocolate, dark Ghirardelli chocolate, and organic baking cocoa. The chocolate, since I use quality ingredients in my desserts, costs more than the sum total of material costs for all other ingredients combined. Unbelievable but true, this batch is still slightly cheaper than a batch of rice krispies treats. 

I'd still like to try this recipe with an axe. But, I'd need to devise a way for the chocolate to not go flying everywhere when I imagine that I'm beheading despondent postal chickens or foul database processes with said axe. 

Yield: 3 1/2 dozen 
Material cost: moderate 
Mad scientist factor: **
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...