Chunks vs. chips

When Ruth Wakefield first made what are now called chocolate chip cookies, she hacked a chocolate bar to pieces to as a substitution for a chocolate ingredient she lacked. Ooh that rhymes. Anyhow. The cookies should have been called chocolate chunk cookies since she used small chunks of chocolate. Having been recipe-thwarted by people's misunderstandings over what constitutes a chunk vs. how chips are used, I have crafted my own methodology of what chocolate chunk cookies are supposed to be. Daily frustrations at work, like being asked to go hunt down datasets that don't exist in our database from people who know even less about the database than I do, just make me want to beat something to a bloody pulp. I had this creative spark during lunch where it would be neat, if not frighteningly cool, if my roommate were to come home while I was madly hacking blocks of Ghirardelli chocolate to death... with an axe. I didn't find the axe I was looking for, so alas, I didn't buy an axe tonight. However, I did acquire a 1" chisel and a strange hammer to go with it, which I will be using the hack apart this chocolate. I was quite disappointed that I couldn't find any ice picks. Those would be neat to have in my collection. Snipping apart chocolate with utility shears just doesn't seem right at all. I want an enchanted chisel. This one is only a meager Craftsman 1d4 chisel.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...