Review - Rose's Restaurant & Bakery at Fisher's Landing

Was here on a Friday for lunch. For a deli cafe, it's pretty easy to not eat healthy or eat of healthy portions here.

There were to very eye-opening items on their menu. From my table, I had a view of the food prep counter and saw the final dish prep for their matzo ball soup. It was a brisk, windy day too. Matzo ball soup would have been perfect if I was in the mood to eat a 4" diameter matzo ball served up in a cup with some broth. It's no different if you order a bowl of matzo ball soup... two enormous 4" diameter matzo balls are in the bowl. Big does not mean that it would be better. And eating it would not have been a simple matter. It would have been the talk of those at my table. Anyhow. I was in the mood for something simple and not terribly complex. I had the Rose's Deli Cobb Salad since there aren't many ways one can go wrong with a traditional salad. Ok, well, maybe I should have requested the dressing on the side because my salad was drowning in the bleu cheese vinaaigrette. It made the chopped egg taste like I was eating an egg salad salad. I'm just a picky eater, I suppose. There were only praises for the sandwiches and entrees that other people had ordered.

The other eye-opening menu item were the pastrami fries. Imagine if you would a pound of thick-cut French fries topped with melted Swiss cheese, shredded pastrami, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing. Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen. It was very tasty. And, for a shared appetizer, this one had no leftovers.

Next time, I think I'll try their specialty desserts.. either the Texas donut or the giant cinnamon roll. Those things looked impressive in the bakery case.

Price: $$
Location: 3205 SE 192nd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98683
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...