Cornbread with Fresh/Frozen Corn Kernels

Just how many cornbread recipes does one need anyways? Well, here is another and was less sweet than it should because I put in two tablespoons of the half cup that it originally called for. While it is made with corn and cornmeal, it is also made with wheat flour; so, definitely not gluten free. Recipe ratio comes from The Spruce Eats. I typically get my cornmeal in the bulk bins at the grocery store. Not many ways one can screw up cornbread, except maybe cook it for too long. I didn't have any half 'n half on hand, but I did have milk and heavy cream, so I used half of each.

Ingredients

1 c yellow cornmeal
1 c unbleached all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
up to 1/2 c organic granulated sugar
1 c half and half; or 1/2 c heavy cream + 1/2 c whole milk
1 c sweet corn, fresh or previously frozen (thawed/drained)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 F

Grease (with butter) an 8" x 8" baking dish.

Is there a purpose to the order of operations? Hmm, I wonder. Sift all the dry ingredients together. Then add the eggs, half 'n half, and sweet corn. Mix until just combined.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.