Baked Delicata Squash

The very first time I tried delicata squash, I didn't realize how sweet it was. Savory herbs and earthy spices pair well with this. For the amount of prep work, I have to cross it off my list of potential vegetable dishes for Thanksgiving unless I can find helpers to peel the squash and scrape out the seeds. I ate this squash in one sitting. You know that myth about vegetables having bulk to make you feel more full? I think it's still a myth. I could certainly eat another.

I did not preheat the oven.

Ingredients

1 delicata squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
olive oil
five spice powder
ground thyme
sea salt, to taste

Directions

Toss squash chunks in olive oil then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle spices and salt on top. 

Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes. 

Serve hot.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...