Dark chocolate chunk cookies

This recipe isn't my own, but it is very good. I've used all types of dark chocolate in this recipe and sometimes I add chunks of milk chocolate into it. You could always just use a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips but what's the fun in that? I prefer hacking apart the Ghirardelli chocolate wedges with a hammer and chisel. It's very relaxing. If I wanted the chunks to look pretty, I'd use a santoku.

Anyhow, the original recipe. And, have I ever mentioned how wrong it is to put nuts into desserts, especially cookies? If I wanted texture, I'd add more chocolate.. Here's my version, and a pic of the 5/17/07 batch:

Ingredients

1 c. unsalted butter, softened but not melted
1 c. light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c. unbleached cane sugar
1 egg

Blend these together until creamy in bowl #1.

1 1/2 c. unbleached white flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c. cocoa powder

Sift these together in bowl #2 before blending them with bowl #1. Don't over mix. Blend until just combined.

Refrigerate the cookie dough for 1+ hours, or overnight.

Preheat yer oven to 350 degrees. Bake as usual.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...