Ninja Foodi Recipes Made in January/February

What recipes make it into being written up as a post? Dishes that were good enough to make me want to cook up again and aren't so simplistic as to be a direct copy from the instruction manual, such as making perfectly cooked jasmine rice (seriously, it's just a cup of water and a cup of rice, pressure cooked for 2 minutes with a 10 minute natural release). The end goal of this is more for me than you, dear reader. I hate blogs with ads with a passion. I don't want you to have a lower quality experience of reading a recipe blog chock full of ads. Frankly, blogs that autorun videos and popup ads are a turnoff to me. This is my online cookbook and I don't want to look at ads when I check it for recipe ratios. Also, I have skimmed through a lot of Instant Pot cookbooks. I even checked out a number of analog books from the public library and what is most annoying is that a third of each book contained recipes published by the manufacturer. How original. Anyways. Here's what I made in the Foodi.

Success!
  • taro root dessert soup, pressure cooked
  • dry, not soaked azuki beans, pressure cooked (taro + azuki beans + tapioca pearls = nice dessert)
  • dehydrated wild pacific shrimp
  • bbq baked beans
  • frozen black sesame tan yuan, pressure cooked
  • roasted marinated mushrooms
  • reheat already cooked rice
  • pork neck bones, for stock
  • crispy bacon from raw

!Fail
  • King Arthur fruitcake
  • whole "baked" Japanese sweet potato
  • chocolate pots de creme (overcooked)
  • frozen ribeye steak (PC & AF), too raw using NF directions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...