Basic Pizza Dough, take 2

I am muckying around with what was a pretty decent recipe to start with. I had all this leftover whey from making cheese and thought.. hmm, what to do with it. I am also experimenting with added gluten, specifically Bob's Red Mill Gluten Flour. The whey was still warm from making cheese, but I heated it up again and let it cool to 110 degrees F before adding it to the flour. Supposedly using a pizza dough made only from all-purpose flour yields a chewy crust and a flour rich with gluten makes a crispier crust; well, this ingredient ratio will see what it really does.

Also, the last few pizzas were baked on the middle rack. I think I may just use the bottom rack in the oven. I did manage to procure an Italian-made pizza stone; but it is slow to heat up.

Ingredients Used

3 1/2 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
2 tbsp BRM gluten flour
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (1 envelope)
1 tsp organic granulated sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 c. whey (or water heated to 110 degrees F)
2 tbsp olive oil

This batch is resting-to-rise in an olive-oiled gallon-size resealable freezer bag in the refrigerator.

Makes 2 lbs.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...